Gefyra: Blazingly-fast, rock-solid, local application development with Kubernetes.
Gefyra offers you to
- run services locally on a developer machine
- operate feature-branches in a production-like Kubernetes environment with all adjacent services
- write code in the IDE you already love, be fast, be confident
- leverage all the neat development features, such as debugger, code-hot-reloading, overriding environment variables
- run high-level integration tests against all dependent services
- keep peace-of-mind when pushing new code to the integration environment
Gefyra was designed to be fast and robust on an average developer machine and supports most platforms.
Remark: Gefyra requires a running Docker engine on the development machine.
Run a container instance on a developer machine and connect it to Kubernetes-based resources
You can run an arbitrary container on your local development machine that behaves as it would run within a Kubernetes cluster. It connects to Kubernetes-based resources (such as databases, APIs, or assets), making it very convenient to test a new service in the cluster or write code that depends on Kubernetes resources.
Overlay a container running within a Kubernetes Pod with a local instance
You can simply replace a container running in a Kubernetes Pod with a local container instance. That will serve the requests to that Pod from your local container instances. That makes it very convenient to test changes in a realistic production-close environment before pushing the code to CI/CD.
curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gefyrahq/gefyra/main/install.sh | sh -
Looking for Homebrew or Windows installation? Checkout the installation guide.